PawPrints Student Printing
Coming Fall 2018: Printing by Wēpa
The University of New Mexico is partnering with Wēpa, a cloud based printing service to deliver improved printing services to students on campus beginning Fall, 2018. This partnership will bring many improvements to student printing on campus, including:
- Convenient Locations – The new system will allow students to send documents to the cloud from anywhere and retrieve their prints from any of the 55 print stations located in libraries, computer labs, classroom buildings, and locations across campus.
- Consistent Printing Prices – The new printing solution will mean consistent printing prices at WEPA print stations conveniently located across campus. For many locations that previously offered printing, these rates are lower than the current rate.
- Many Ways to Print – The new printing solution will allow students to send print jobs directly from a wide variety of devices and solutions, including Mac/PC printing, document uploads using a browser, mobile, email, cloud, and USB.
- Easier Ways to Pay – The Wēpa solution supports many payment methods including LoboCard, Wēpa Print Cards, and credit/debit cards
- Many Colors, Shapes, and Sizes – The solution supports black and white, color, and duplex printing in many sizes including standard letter, legal, and tabloid sizes.
In an effort to promote sustainable practices and focus resources on student facing classroom technology needs, UNM IT is discontinuing its student printing credit effective Fall Semester, 2018. This decision matches the decision that the University Libraries made in 2017, and was made in consultation with ASUNM and GPSA leadership as well as the Academic Technologies Advisory Board.
While this solution will provide more convenient printing, we are encouraging students, faculty, and staff to make a green choice and reduce the need for printing on campus by using electronic resources and assignment submissions when possible.
The University of New Mexico is committed to student success in all academic pursuits. In order to better meet our students printing requirements throughout main campus we have expanded the Enterprise Printing Program. The PawPrints program allows students to print at all IT managed lab locations and at all satellite print location across the UNM campus. All enrolled students taking more than 6 credit hours per semester are provided with a $10.00 print credit on their LoboCard leveraging the LOBOCA$H system; student can release their prints in any location using this method. We are always looking on better ways to improve the PawPrints program and IT support services for our students.
Please feel free to send your questions and comments to us via the Help.UNM system or via phone at (505) 277-5757.
Make it Colorful
Color printing is available in the Student Union Building (SUB) Lower Level outside LoboLab.
If you currently have one of the PawPrints drivers installed on your personal computer (Windows or macOS) and do not see IT_Color_Q as an available printer, you will have to re-download the install package from the drivers page and rerun the installer.